Sunday 28 February 2010

Treats on turning twenty

Raspberry cheesecake brownie
I am a little (very) prone to indecision so deciding what to bake to celebrate my 20th birthday was a bit tricky. Until, a recipe caught my eye which seemed to combine all the good things in three layers: brownie topped with vanilla cheesecake and finally, raspberry whipped cream. This is a pudding with only one problem, it is heavy on the washing up. I think I used almost every bowl and spoon in the kitchen. Washing up aside, it was definitely worth the effort. Possibly my favourite birthday moment was the is the impromptu Mexican wave of appreciative noises, closely followed by sugar-laden silence, that occurred as I served this up to the gang.

Yum!
Waves of cream leading the way for waves of delight...

Butterfly-shaped desserts
It has been too long since I have made a butterfly-shaped anything so, I just had to.

Raspberry cheesecake brownie
Lush.


Raspberry and almond cupcakes
I added 3 tablespoons of ground almonds and 3 tablespoons of raspberries to a basic cupcake recipe substituting vanilla essence for almond essence. The batter turned a lovely purple colour which was a bit of a surprise. When I removed them from the oven my housemate remarked, "pretty cement cakes". A compliment from a poet?
Raspberry almond cupcake
Cross section!

Also...
Thank you so much to Izzy for making me such tasty custard tarts and Mutti for trekking to Norwich bearing rhubarb and custard tart from Paul patisserie.
Rhubarb and custard tart from Paul
Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb.
Custard custard custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment