Monday 3 January 2011

Fondue + Fortune Cookies = Happy New Year!

This New Years Eve I had my first ever fondue. All I can say is 'Om nom nom' and  'Hey, fondue! Where have you been all my life? We are made for each other!' I marvelled at the combination of Gruyère, Emmental, white wine and vodka and as I dipped bread into cheesy goo I realised I was consuming what was essentially, a  cheese cocktail. Oh my.

Dad facilitated the fondue whilst I, wanting to make a contribution to the last meal of the year, and decade, thought it would be fun to make fortune cookies. After a bit of Googling I found this recipe and proceeded to, in Dad's words, 'mess about' in the kitchen.  I added a dash of milk because the first batch were too thick to fold. You have to spread the batter as thinly and smoothly as possible and only cook two at a time because you have to fold them as soon as they come out of the oven before they harden. Basically, its a bit of a performance. But what do you expect? This is magic we are making here!

fortune cookies
Ta-da! Pick a cookie, any cookie. 



My, possibly erroneous, folding technique made the fortunes stick to the cookies. Ooops.
Cookies give good advice, no?
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment